Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Finance Manager - Planning & Modelling
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft Services Delivery Finance team supports the Microsoft Services Global Delivery business that delivers world class services to Microsoft’s Enterprise and Commercial customers. We partner closely with Microsoft Services business to advance our customer’s digital transformation. The transformative journey requires strong finance talent that can think strategically and communicate confidently with insightful analysis that can shape the future of our business. The Senior Finance Manager – Services Delivery Planning and Modelling is an extremely exciting example of such opportunity.
In this role, you will be the modelling backbone to guide the direction of future ES financial performance. You will be able to quantify the impact of all P&L drivers from our top line to bottom line and always provide the accurate assessment of the risks and opportunities for our P&L. You’ll partner closely with business and finance stakeholders to model options to optimize the financial target for ES business, you’ll also provide deep insight into how to improve the financial performance for our business and offer tangible and feasible recommendations to trigger actions.
Long Range Planning/Modelling
- Develop a robust model that simulate the Service Delivery P&L performance by synthesize key operational and financial drivers.
- Develop scenario-based analysis that highlights the risks and opportunities of the P&L, develop recommendation on potential levers to achieve expected financial target.
- Develop strong collaboration and alignment to ensure financial and operational assumptions were consistent across different stakeholder team.
- Partner closely with other finance SMEs to establish a working process that allows smooth work-back as well as consistent assumptions.
Financial Target Setting and Budgeting
- Develop Target Cascade Model that translate Services overall P&L target into actionable, specific financial targets for individual delivery Domains.
- Work with other finance and business teams to develop end to end planning process that ensures the financial target was developed, communicated, and landed in a coordinated fashion.
- Create communication and training materials that help the controller’s community to clearly understand the assumptions, business logics and action needed during planning process.
Project Based Analytics
- As a modeling and analytics SME to support cross ESD projects on as needed basis.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- MBA preferred but not required
- Excellent Excel skills that can independently create robust and logical model with input from multiple sources. Demonstrate high efficiency in using Excel and other analytic tools to carry out financial analysis
- Passionate about tracing the Insight out of Data, comfortable working with large amount of data and complex excel model
- Proactive communication and collaboration skills that leads to influence and impact
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables with time pressure
- 5+ years’ financial analysis and planning experience or business analysis experience
- Advanced experience with all Microsoft Office Apps particularly in Excel
- Advanced experience in managing complex and dynamics financial modelling with multiple tiers of input and output will be preferred
- Experience working with a Professional Services, Consulting or Supply Chain modelling will be highly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.