Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Finance Manager - Compute
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. Microsoft’s Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to optimize our investments in cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team, you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of the competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
We are looking for a senior finance manager to provide decision support and financial planning for Azure Compute.
- Lead day-to-day partnership with C+E engineering teams to drive best-in-class object Compute profitability.
- Partner with C+E engineering teams to optimize timing and magnitude of capital investments across emerging hardware platforms.
- Identify and drive cross-functional cost efficiencies including resource optimization, engineering optimization, fleet lifecycle management, and global capacity planning. Partner with engineering teams to drive product profitability.
- Partner with the engineering and product marketing teams to support end-to-end product planning, long-term steady state profitability strategies.
- Manage the financial health of new and existing hardware platforms and workloads through insightful reporting, accurate forecasting, and long-range planning aligned to steady state gross margin targets.
- Articulate findings into high quality communications and facilitate executive decision making across C+E business and finance executive leaders.
- Partner across finance orgs, including revenue planning, infrastructure, R&D, and FP&A to drive results.
- Bachelor's degree in business/finance, economics, math, computer science/engineering or related discipline
- MBA or the equivalent work experience preferred
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience with progressive advancement within your discipline
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority and appropriately push back when required
- Strongly prefer deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way. Executive level oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact project results through both individual and v-team efforts
- Self-starter driving best-in-class decision support in ambiguous environments
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Proven data and financial modeling capabilities and ability to work with financial systems
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic/high-level projects to detailed cost of goods sold ( COGS ) analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, quickly prioritize for impact and the resourcefulness to deliver
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.