Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Finance Manager - Cloud + AI Revenue
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Come join a team at the forefront of Microsoft’s transformation! The Azure SMB and GDC team is a part of the broader Cloud & AI Finance team and provides end to end financial analysis and reporting for the strategically important Azure SMB segment and the Global Demand Center, Microsoft’s scalable acquisition and customer lifecycle engine.
The team’s charter is to partner closely with marketing and engineering to:
- Analyze the performance of revenue and key customer metrics across the Azure SMB space
- Provide thought leadership regarding investable models for business expansion including analysis of ROI for trials, customer nurture and partner initiatives, and other marketing programs
- Drive near term and longer-term revenue forecasting and planning, including aligning with worldwide subsidiaries
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing business and a highly collaborative team with multiple opportunities to make a difference and develop your career within Microsoft.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join the fast growing and exciting Azure business!
- Drive monthly financial close and forecast reviews for finance and business partners. Provide insights on business health and highlight key drivers of business performance.
- Build robust financial models and decision support frameworks to optimize customer acquisition, revenue growth, and profitability of the Azure SMB space
- Lead engagement with marketing, engineering, and sales during monthly business reviews
Our team values the following sets of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Ability to synthesize complex analysis into key insights to facilitate executive decision making
- A learning and growth mindset to continue to sharpen our approach to new business challenges
- Modeling capabilities which includes leveraging internal Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools, and other financial systems
- Project management:
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Self-motivation; quickly identifying what needs to be accomplished and getting it done
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple inputs, tasks, and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Cross-Group Collaboration:
- Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and cross-functional team effort
- Strong partnering capabilities, influencing others without direct authority and appropriately pushing back when required
- Crisp oral and written communication skills at various levels in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree finance, economics, business administration, math, or related discipline. MBA or the equivalent in work experience preferred.
- 6 or more years of related finance experience with evidence of clear progression in your field.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage competing projects/priorities
- Demonstrated effective communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.