Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer, Game Generalist - Turn 10 Studios
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Turn 10 Studios, world leaders in AAA racing entertainment, are looking for a game development generalist to help us build cross-platform titles. You will have the chance to work across the tech stack as we share client and server technology across titles, platforms, and game engines. As part of Turn 10 Publishing, you will work with both internal engineers and our remote partners to integrate new technologies, prototype features, and otherwise supplement our engineering team.
As a publishing developer, you would be responsible for a variety of engineering tasks across multiple games and partner teams. Common tasks include cross-platform middleware integration, services development and integration, and design and implementation of game mode prototypes. You will partner with our small team of development leads, designers, and artists though all phases of our game development cycle. You should enjoy working with a team, but be able to work independently.
- B.S. in Math/Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills – success will come through collaboration
- A strong background in C++ game development
- A passion for code quality
Ideal candidates will have most of the following:
- Experience in all phases of product cycles, from concept to launch and beyond.
- Experience in C# or Java
- Experience in Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience porting code between platforms
- Experience in multiple areas of concentration (e.g. rendering, gameplay, content pipelines, services, performance, etc.)
- Experience debugging codebases developed by others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.