Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer 2 (Data Engineer)
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Are you excited about working on a new AI product that augments humans who need to reason with unstructured information?
The AI empowerment team is well on its way to create this breakthrough product in long-term partnership with a handful of the largest enterprises globally. The product harvests, creates and harnesses a diverse range of AI models and automatically makes their output intelligible to humans on demand. Our product design point is to help people make sense of information buried in mountains of documents, conversations, photos, videos, 2D and 3D scans, molecular and genetic representations, and emerging device and sensor signals.
If you are looking for an environment that actively blurs the distinction between engineers and applied scientists, and where involving the customer is just another day at the office, then this is the team for you.
We’re looking for talented individuals that want to get their hands on large and complex datasets and databases, who has deep knowledge of SQL database design as well as extensive knowledge of distributed systems and computer science, who’s interested in work alongside data scientists to help make use of the data they collect.
- Build algorithms to help give easier access to raw data
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- Research new uses for existing data.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collaborate with members of your team (e.g., data architects and scientists, core developers) on the project’s goals.
- Ensure that the current architecture supports both the data scientists and the business requirements
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production and deliver the data to the data science team
- 3+ years of software design and development experience with C# or Java.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with RDS/SQL and NoSQL technologies like MS SQL, MySQL, Redis.
- 1+ years of experience with scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell.
- Experience with ETL data pipelining concept.
- Experience working in software engineering, and can demonstrate best practices for project management, quality control, and product development.
- Ability to work closely with our data scientists and AI teams to integrate models into the system.
- Proven track record of collaborative design in an agile team environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with various data processing packages like ggplot2, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Matplotlib, Statsmodels.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Hadoop, Storm, and Spark is a plus.
- Designed and developed scalable cloud services using MS Azure infrastructure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.