Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Security Engineer-Xbox Game Studios
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Do you love Games? Are you passionate about the future of the industry? Are you a seasoned security professional looking to help shape how Xbox protects our games and our players? We seek a highly motivated, highly qualified, Senior Security Engineer to build solutions, empowering us to protect our global player base from attacks and fraudulent activity such as cheating and tampering.
In this role, you will work across organizational boundaries to support the 15+ first party game studios that make up the broader Xbox Games Studios organization. As an anti-cheat, piracy, and tamper technical expert, you will collaborate with program management on various security initiatives, keeping our games fun, our players safe, and our titles and services secure.
- Contribute to a program focused on improving the security posture of all first party game development
- Develop and deploy counter-fraud strategies that address monetary risk in alignment with business models and corporate strategies
- Develop and deploy account protection to protect players from attacks on their accounts
- Participate in and lead security reviews with game studios
- Provide timely, succinct, and relevant technical guidance for business partners to act on during game title development
- Engage in broader security related Xbox studios efforts
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Prior work history as an engineer in a security role for shipped software products or services
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Experience in games or technology industries
- Knowledge of client-server network architecture for real-time games
- Experience with anti-cheat and tamper solutions for game development: Examples include, but are not limited to Arxan, Denuvo, Easy Anti-cheat, or Kamu
- Understanding of fraud risks associated with digital goods and experience building effective mitigations for those risks
- Ability to travel 0-25%
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.