Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Finance Manager - Xbox HW
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Do you possess the desire to succeed in a fast paced environment, leading through influence and execution across regions and functional teams? Do you want to have significant impact in a business area?
Here is a great opportunity to support the Xbox HW business. We are seeking a Senior Finance Manager to play a key role on the Xbox Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to help the Xbox team drive its strategy and pricing to deliver a profitable ecosystem. This role involves daily interaction with senior business leaders and requires a keen understanding of the strategies and tactics employed in the retail business.
Core to this position is driving the overall financial rhythm & controllership for the Xbox HW ecosystem. You will need to be comfortable in a wide range of settings, from presenting to senior leaders, to holding the business accountable to financial commitments, to coaching financial fundamentals to non-finance audience. This position will require a combination of strong organization, prioritization and communication skills, in addition to the ability to understand and tie into the strategy for Xbox.
• Business Partnering & Financial Controllership - Proactively engage with business partners and finance teams on all controllership issues around revenue and sales volume (Close, Monthly Business Reviews, Trend analysis, Budget, Forecast, LRP, as well as ad-hoc decision support). Provide valued business insight that helps decision makers more effectively manage their business for higher return.
• Budgeting & Forecasting - Work with key stakeholders to create accurate forecasts. Incorporate P&L insight into the forecasting process and identify opportunities and risks.
• Financial Modeling & Decision Support - Assist cross-functional teams to evaluate and/or perform financial analysis on the health of the business, pricing, and scenario modeling opportunities. Offer financial guidance and support of this process through an in depth understanding of business fundamentals, competitive landscape, and implications on current strategy.
• 6 or more years of related finance or accounting work experience
• BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related discipline. MBA or the equivalent in work experience preferred.
• High tech industry experience preferred; experience in gaming also a plus.
• Maturity to business partner and assume the role of trusted advisor.
• Demonstrated competency on fundamentals of revenue controllership.
• Willingness and capability to obtain depth of knowledge in the Xbox ecosystem.
• Strong Competency in Microsoft systems, tools and financial structure a plus
• Strong “room presence” and group presentation skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in writing and verbally
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.