Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager - Associate Game Producer
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Program Management
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Technical Producer, Minecraft Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
The Minecraft team is looking for a producer to lead and drive the timely delivery of next generation game technology and foundations. You are a producer who has worked with teams of engineers, designers, and artists to create high quality player-focused games. You love bringing definition to complex technology projects and are comfortable navigating ambiguous spaces. Your technical skills and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you partner and work with teams to deliver their best work. You are a team player that does what it takes with no ego. You also have an intolerance for mediocrity and are unafraid to take a stand on what you believe is right.
- Coordinate and manage production schedules. Run daily stand-ups and record velocity of team delivery.
- Track technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the visibility, communication, and organization.
- Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Own clear, clean, and quantitative reporting for teams for leadership to provide visibility for timely delivery or highlight areas of risk.
- Communicate identified risks in advance and support execution for mitigation plans.
- 4+ years experience shipping/supporting Games as a Service AAA Game Development
- Knowledgeable running teams using both Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management software (Jira, VSO, Hansoft, Asana etc)
- Understands all aspects of production methodologies
- Strong technical background, project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Must excel working in complex and ambiguous environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.