Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Microsoft’s Developer Services division is looking for a Product Designer to join our design team, focusing on designing tools and services that engineers use every day and empower them to quickly move from ideas to delivering value through features.
If you're enthusiastic about improving the software development user experience for people of all abilities, if you are a great communicator, equally comfortable sharing your insights with both the engineering team as well as other members of the design team, and love discussing technology as much as you love discussing design, this is the perfect job for you.
In this role you’ll work working closely with program managers, visual designers, user researchers, developers and other designers to bring consistency, simplicity and ease-of-use to software development experiences.
As a Product Designer, you will:
• Design, protype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
• Understand user needs collaborating with Program Managers and User Researcher team, sketch solutions, design prototypes and test solutions collaborating with our user research team and refine design with data and user feedback.
• Iterate alongside program managers and engineers
• Evangelize best practices to other designers
• Utilize your experience in design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both the needs of the user and Microsoft's business objectives
• Clearly and systematically manage design scope in a timely fashion to facilitate progress, ensure that delivered designs are implementable within given time and resource constraints
• Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
• Proven experience in Product Design in an iterative development environment
• Lateral problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to identify possible solutions that are outside of the obvious design space
• Ability to clearly and succinctly present design concepts and explain design thinking to non-design contributors
• A deep understanding of design patterns
• A solid foundation in layout and design
• Excellent attention to details
• Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Product Designer working on software products
• A portfolio of design work demonstrating expertise with a wide range of product and visual design
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
• A background in software engineering; you will have written code at some point as part for your career, hobbies or education
• Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.