Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Program Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Program Management
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Azure SQL Database is the relational cloud platform of choice for enterprises, ISVs, and application developers. Customers are using Azure SQL Database to disrupt markets and transform their existing business. Azure SQL Database is built on SQL Server, the most widely use relational engine on the planet, and combines intelligent data management, industry-leading security, global scale, award-winning performance, full SQL Server engine compatibility, and unrivaled TCO in one easy-to-use database service. These capabilities make Azure SQL Database an obvious choice for customers looking to modernize their data estate by migrating to Azure.
The Azure SQL Database team is looking for a Principal Program Manager with a passion for technology and for helping customers succeed on our platform by building the next set of industry-leading features and capabilities that will delight our customers. The candidate will engage deeply with developers on the team and customers, learn about their application patterns, and help us define the strategy and roadmap for the feature area they are leading. By connecting with the users of our service, program managers understand potential gaps in our portfolio as well as overall user experience to influence the direction of the service. The candidate will also interact with other teams and services providing related capabilities such as Azure Key Vault, Azure Storage, or Azure Machine Learning Services to name a few.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) in place of 3+ years of internship in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) 3+ years of industry engineering experience in in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
- 10+ years of industry experience delivering products, solutions, applications to enterprise customers using relational databases
- 2+ years experience on cloud platform
Suitable candidates have product/program management experience and a passion for building solutions and features to help our customers. In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate:
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Passion for helping customers
- A deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of problems in data management and application development.
- Ability to solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills.
- An ability to analyze high-level requirements and turn them into actionable plans.
- Some prior experience working Microsoft SQL Server or another Relational database management system.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.