Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Program Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Program Management
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
In Azure IoT we are a key part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Azure IoT is an industry leader; driving positive change by empowering businesses to achieve more by gaining new insights into their data and taking action on those insights. Azure IoT is a comprehensive platform that covers device connectivity, device management, gateways, advanced analytics, and command & control functionality. All through solutions that span the Intelligent Cloud and the Intelligent Edge. Azure IoT is already in production with millions of devices sending trillions of messages a month.
You will be working as a part of the Azure IoT Business Acceleration and Eco-system team, where we are focused on helping our field and partners assist customers to adopt our technology to achieve true business outcomes. Our team looks at the world from our customer’s and partner’s point of view. Looking to understand how they can achieve business outcomes and transform their organizations for the future. The business landscape is undergoing a dramatic change as companies become digital. Our role is to ensure that Azure IoT will be a key enabler and platform for this new digital world.
This role is all about working tightly with and recruiting top Azure IoT Ecosystem partners to ensure they are successful in building and selling Azure IoT based solutions to their customers. This individual needs to have extensive eco-system building experience and ability to develop strategy, identifying, recruiting, motivating and enabling top partners to win marquee customers every quarter.
We partner with multiple teams across Azure and Microsoft to make this happen. As part of the Azure IoT Product Group you will be seen as an expert on both business outcomes and technical architectures related to IoT. You will use this knowledge to help our partners drive successful customer production deployments with our fantastic set of technologies covering IoT, AI, Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. You will be instrumental in helping them position their Azure IoT based offerings in a business context so customers really understand how it can help them and become hungry to get it into production. You are somebody who is creative, loves to learn, is passionate about customers, and brings results. You’ve worked in the field and been involved in selling multiple projects already and you’re looking for a new adventure. You’re excited about helping partners achieve their results and about influencing them to drive their businesses to sell and implement the next generation of IoT based applications that will change the world for the better. In this role you will be a key person in driving our Distributor and Telco partner strategy as well as assisting them with the building and closure of lighthouse deals.
You will be a meaningful part of an expanding team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow.
- You’ll work both independently and alongside other members of the team listening and learning directly from partners and customers, and ensuring we are making informed business decisions.
- You will interact both in person and by phone with our partners on a daily basis. Where you’ll discuss progress in target accounts, training requirements, new IoT offerings and other key issues that will help drive consumption revenue.
- You’ll be at the heart of a feedback loop to your engineering colleagues to help them design better products for the future.
- You will work in tight conjunction with the Microsoft field teams that manage the all up account relationships with the partners and you’ll leverage multiple organizations within Microsoft to ensure we achieve success.
- You’ll be able to identify the needs of the partners and either directly or coordinate the creation of the relative materials that will accelerate their success.
- You’ll use your business mind to think of ways to help partners scale their business.
- You’re excited to travel to meet partners and customers, attend tradeshows, help at trainings all to spread your message and promote the extraordinary things the team is building.
- 10+ years of experience in Product/Project/Program Manager role
- Bachelor's degree or 8+ years of experience, MBA preferred
- Strategy consulting background from companies like McKinsey and BCG, Bain, Deloitte and others.
- Deep industry and Line Of Business domain knowledge
- Extensive Partner recruiting and management experience
- A genuine passion for how technology is being adopted to drive business transformation
- Experience in working for medium or large IT organizations
- Experience of positioning digital solutions to a line of business audience
- Deep knowledge of the industry and ecosystem that will allow you to be effective from day 1
- Your years of experience have allowed you to develop a well rounded perspective on life that you combine with humility, empathy and a positive attitude so you’re a pleasure to work with
- A capacity to take responsibility for the delivery of results
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience writing high quality materials where needed
- A desire to learn and grow yourself but also to help others do so
On our team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, laughing, and empathizing. We believe strongly that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We value variety in perspectives and backgrounds, and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply! We can't wait to hear from you, and we're eager to see the great things we'll create together.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com