Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineering Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
Come join the Azure Cosmos DB team, where you will be working on large-scale databases, distributed systems, and analytics using ML and Spark. This role is within the customer success team, where you will drive growth efforts, work directly with customers on design and POCs, and influence the roadmap and direction of the product.
Azure Cosmos DB is one of the fastest growing Azure services that provides globally distributed, low-latency, massively scalable, multi-model cloud database service. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. Built-in support for analytics is highly anticipated by many customers and will be a significant growth driver for Cosmos DB business.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to work with cutting-edge open-source technologies, and highly talented engineers in startup like mode to deliver differentiated value in the analytics space. The role will require regular travel to customer site to work on POCs.
- 5+ years of industry experience with Java, Scala, Python, .NET OR object-oriented programming
- Experienced in solutions architecture, product management, or customer engagements
- Strong track record in leading or managing high-performing engineering teams.
- Experience with Spark, Power BI/Power Apps, and ML.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) in place of 3+ years of internship in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline (OR) 3+ years of industry engineering experience in in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.