Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Microsoft Advertising Senior Paralegal
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Are you creative and passionate about technology and ready to bring your experiences and accomplishments to work on cutting edge legal, business, and technology issues related to digital advertising? If so, Microsoft Corporation has an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly-motivated senior paralegal to join the team supporting the Microsoft Advertising and Engineering organizations within the Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) Marketing and Consumer Business team.
Microsoft Advertising and Engineering are responsible for developing the Microsoft Advertising platform and features, and selling search advertising through the Bing platform as well as identifying and realizing opportunities to drive display advertising and additional post-sale monetization across Microsoft's consumer products. This senior paralegal will work in Microsoft’s offices located in Bellevue, Washington.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Drafting and negotiating complex amendments and other documents to existing global agreements.
- Assisting in the management and negotiation of a variety of issues in programmatic and transactional agreements, drafting agreements, and interpreting contract provisions.
- Collaborating with other CELA groups to address advertising, copyright, licensing, trademark, marketing, and privacy issues.
- Developing and implementing tools and processes to improve efficiencies in providing legal support services.
- Creating and delivering legal training to clients and colleagues around the world.
- Managing complicated projects and communications across multiple groups, with formal project management tools and processes to monitor deliverables, accountabilities and progress.
- This position has frequent contact with all levels of Microsoft managers and employees and may involve negotiations with third parties and independent client group support.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Eight years or more of experience in a paralegal, contract manager or equivalent position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization, cross-group collaboration, and project management skills.
- Confidence and ability to quickly identify, analyze and develop creative and smart solutions to difficult problems and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently, meet deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations in a fast-paced environment and across geographies and inter-departmental teams with minimal supervision.
- A desire to be part of a group that works as a team and has fun as a team.
- Flexibility and curiosity to learn as the industry and the business evolve.
- Experience with advertising, engineering/product support and privacy a plus, but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.