Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware Configuration Management Program Manager - -Growth Mindset - CSI / Azure - Cloud Server Infrastructure #AzureHardware
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Hardware Engineering Program Management
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
We are seeking a motivated Senior HW Configuration Management PM who is passionate about process excellence and product data management. The candidate would be a configuration management expert who would contribute to the definition, implementation and deployment of Azure cloud server offerings. Ideally the candidate has a solid hardware background and can work collaboratively across engineering teams to document the configurations for any building blocks designed for cloud datacenters throughout the IE2E hardware lifecycle.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Able to document the hardware configurations for any Azure cloud server.
- Hardware configuration change management experience and process excellence.
- Work with Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Safety, Compliance, Reliability and PM teams to ensure the product designs are documented with the highest quality.
- Define and document internal processes and procedures to create best in class team and stakeholder execution.
- Be an expert at OnePDM (PLM System) and VSO (Work tracking tool).
- Ensure 100% product configuration traceability
- Interact with multiple hardware, software, and operations teams inside Microsoft
- Be detail oriented with high data quality configuration releases.
- Be able to step in and drive process changes as needed to improve efficiencies in the team and organization.
- A. in Computer Science/EE/ME or 10+ years of equivalent work experience in product configuration management.
- Skilled in working with hardware engineering teams as well as manufacturing and supply chain.
- Good communications skills for understanding what features and for describing findings
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services.
The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.