Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Manager WCB
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Do you want to play a critical role in the strategic direction of our WW Apps & Infrastructure and Data & AI business? The Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) Finance team is looking for a passionate, energetic individual with excellent financial analysis skills and business acumen, who is excited to help solve complex business problems in partnership with stakeholders across Microsoft.
Within Microsoft’s commercial business, the Solution Area team helps our customers on their digital transformation and cloud adoption which is critical to Microsoft’s continued success. The Finance Manager will be an integral member of the WW Solution Area Business Insights (BI) team driving insights and analysis to influence strategic direction and business decision making to accelerate revenue growth across the Apps & Infrastructure and Data & AI Solution Areas.
- Partner with the WCB Apps & Infrastructure and Data & AI Solution Area finance leads to evaluate the health of the overall business and provide deep insights on the cloud transformation
- Lead the development and execution of ACR (Apps & Infrastructure and Data & AI) analytics to influence business decision making & strategy. Core accountabilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expert for Azure (ACR) consumption.
- Drive the development of new product/pillar analytics, including forward looking business analytics on key motions and go to market strategies.
- Develop reporting dashboards and/or provide insights to business on existing dashboards to incorporate new metrics and best practices.
- Collaborate proactively across WW GSMO, Engineering finance and Field teams to evangelize trends and influence business decisions.
- Ad hoc, project-based analytics to support various business initiatives.
- Driven, self-starter capable of effectively prioritizing and operating with a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proven ability to partner, build trust, communicate with and influence senior leaders and business partners
- Team player - must have the ability to manage across organizational boundaries, influence others and build on the work of others
- Proficiency combining, structuring and mining large volumes of data from disparate sources using tools such as SQL, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Expert Excel user familiar with advanced functions and charting capabilities
- 4+ years of demonstrated work experience in financial analysis and ideally in the IT industry
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Economics; MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.