Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Manager, WCB
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Do you want to play a critical role in the strategic direction of a $50B Business? The Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) Finance team is looking for a passionate, energetic individual with excellent financial analysis skills and business acumen, who is excited to help solve complex business problems in partnership with stakeholders across Microsoft.
Within Microsoft’s commercial business, the Enterprise segment is made up of our largest strategic accounts, and helping these customers on their digital transformation and cloud adoption is critical to Microsoft’s continued success. The Sr. Finance Manager will be an integral member of the WW Enterprise Finance team, driving insights and analysis to influence business decision making to accelerate revenue growth across the Enterprise segment.
- Partner with the Enterprise Strategic Initiatives (ESI) team leadership (CVP + LT) and across finance segment, industry and solution area teams to evaluate the health of the Enterprise Major account go to market
- Provide analytics to influence business decision making.
- Core accountabilities for this role include:
- Subject matter expert for performance in the Major accounts segment of Enterprise, including analytics down to the customer level to evaluate the effectiveness of sales strategies and to make actionable recommendations that scale across Major Enterprise accounts.
- Partner closely with the Solution Area finance leads to provide in-depth product analytics, scorecard metric and trend insights within the Major segment across revenue and customer adds.
- Evaluate the impact of the Partner motion in Major accounts in partnership with One Commercial Partner team
- Ad hoc, project-based analytics to support various business initiatives
- Field training and enablement – help our Enterprise field controllers and their business partners understanding performance with standardized reporting & metrics, benchmarking analysis, resource productivity insights, solution selling and partner performance. Provide training, facilitate best practice sharing, solicit input and provide centralized support
- Driven, self-starter capable of effectively prioritizing and operating with a high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proven ability to partner, build trust, communicate with and influence senior executives; ability to make the complex simple and influence through effective story telling
- Team player - must have the ability to manage across organizational boundaries, influence others and build on the work of others
- Proven expertise with complex financial modeling and analysis such as trend/time series analysis, regression, correlation, benchmarking, cohort analysis, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Proficiency combining, structuring and mining large volumes of data from disparate sources using tools such as SQL, Power BI, Excel, etc.
- Expert Excel user familiar with advanced functions and charting capabilities
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in financial analysis and ideally in the IT industry
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Economics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.