Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Manager - Modern Work
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Business Overview: Launched in 2011, Commercial Office 365 has grown into the flagship of the Microsoft Cloud and, in Q4 FY17, “for the first time, [has] surpassed revenue from our traditional licensing business.” With the launch of Microsoft 365, the transition to the Modern Work (MW) customer solution area and having made significant new investments in our field- and corporate-sales engines, we are poised for tremendous growth yet again in FY19.
Job Overview: The role is primarily responsible to lead the central rhythms across close, forecast and scorecard process including consolidation of overall MW P&L. Drive MW reporting and analytics, centralized processes and ability to connect the dots to tell a consistent and aligned business story. To be successful, the ideal candidate should be self-motivated, with unquestionable analytical horsepower, being able to rapidly identify business drivers/levers and translate business performance at an executive altitude. Being results oriented will ensure ability to keep pace with this rapidly evolving organization, but also play a pivotal role in leading transformation across the business. Executive maturity and balanced self-awareness will be crucial in influencing business partners and assuming a leadership position spanning beyond the pure finance mandate.
• MW SLT Scorecard: This person will be responsible for owning the SLT scorecard in partnership with Marketing team and providing insights relating to scorecard in alignment with business performance.
• MW insights and story consolidation: Lead the Office/MW overall P&L including MW story, driving insights and actions on MW Gross margin, forecasting which includes working across teams in landing MW story
• Process Transformation: Proactive and transformative approach for the MW process. Ability to quickly adapt to changes or alignment across businesses which helps drive the business forward.
• Partnership: Collaborate with partners across many teams. Marketing, Corporate finance (CFT), WCB, GSMO, BI teams, and an close partnership MW FP&A team
• Financial Reporting: Drive insightful consolidated financial reporting and analysis through seamless preparation of key deliverables for monthly close, planning (forecast, budget, target etc.) and other financial cycles
• Financial Insights: Continuously improve and evolve revenue insights garnered through financial results and KPIs with goal of influencing/impacting business in positive manner and crisp story telling.
• BS/BA degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline.MBA or equivalent in work experience preferred
• 5+ years related finance or business experience.
• Impact & Influence: Ability to collaborate and coordinate multiple stakeholders is critical.
• Must be able to effectively partner with and influence key stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Passion for technology and curious to further learn the how and why behind the numbers
• Ability to drive simplicity within a complex and matrixed environment
• Excellent communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills, able to simplify complicated materials and tell an altitude-appropriate story
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Expert skills required in MS Excel, Power Pivot, Power View; MS Finance tools like MSRA preferred and would be a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.