Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Product Marketing Managers- Azure Application Platform
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Product Marketing
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
Are you passionate about Azure and the opportunities of the platform for improving developer productivity and building innovative applications that are only possible in the cloud? Do you want to define and shape Microsoft’s future application platform story? If you know that the Cloud is the future and you want to be at the center of the action - this job is the one you want.
Azure is Microsoft’s application platform and is at the very heart of how we at Microsoft continue to innovate to help customers be future ready. The pace of innovation in this space is just incredible - new services appear every few months, we are always learning, and we are always pushing forwards. It’s exciting, it’s challenging.
As the leader of the Azure Application Platform Product Marketing team, you’ll be charged with defining, showcasing and evangelizing the infinite possibilities of Azure for application development. Your team will own building the stories and content that addresses developers’ needs for building apps with speed and agility. You will own & leverage the broad range nature of our offerings - PaaS platform (App Service), Serverless compute (Azure Functions), Integration services (Logic Apps, Service Bus, API Management) - to showcase the Azure value proposition to our customers and to help them embrace cloud application development. You’ll partner closely with sales, integrated marketing and other teams to build go-to-market plans that significantly accelerate the adoption of Azure.
If you’re up for the marketing challenge of translating a complex and exciting set of technologies into compelling stories for developers, defining and implementing agile marketing plans - create hypotheses, build minimal viable products, measure impact and iterate quickly to drive development on Azure - then this job may be just the position you’ve been looking for.
- Own product marketing for a portfolio of cloud services – Azure App Service, Functions, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Event Grid and more.
- Define our Serverless/PaaS application development platform value prop - With your deep understanding of the needs and challenges that customers are facing today, you will define value propositions and our differentiated offers to accelerate Azure’s adoption.
- Own Application Innovation strategy for Azure - deliver targeted go-to-market plan in partnership with our Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) product marketing teams.
- Showcase our solution – Deliver ‘wow’ and ‘how to’ developer content and drive go to market activities to excite, delight and onboard developers onto the Azure platform.
- Change perceptions - Through interactions with influencers, press, communities as well as your own thought-leadership projects.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Understanding of cloud computing. A solid understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends. Knowledge of cloud application development using Platform as a Service (PaaS), serverless and/or container technologies.
- Passion for developers. This role requires you to know developers - their challenges and needs related to cloud application development, or have a strong desire to become subject matter expert on how cloud adoption is happening among developers.
- Marketing. Experience building go-to-market (GTM) programs that are executed at scale through others. Be a strong marketer who is creative, thrives on pushing boundaries, and understands the nuances of and effectiveness of varied marketing tactics when trying to authentically engage developer audiences.
- Collaboration. Exceptional collaborator who can own and drive multi-faceted product management and marketing challenges. Strong ability to work across teams (engineering, marketing, sales and services) to ensure we create and promote the right messages through the right vehicles.
- Influencing Others. Ability to move others across organizational boundaries to a desired business outcome when there is no clear “ownership” of an issue.
- 5+ years of experience in roles such as product marketing, developer marketing, and/or product management of technology products
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related discipline. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.