Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Device Sales Controller, North America
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Fin Plan & Analysis & Controllership
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Are you a problem solver? Do you thrive on driving results and simplifying the complex? Are you motivated by delivering real tangible impact by being the trusted advisor, removing blockers, unlocking insights and directing focus in the right areas? The CDS NA Device Sales Controller is an excellent opportunity to do all this working in the fast-moving consumer devices and services world!
Leadership & Management
• CDS Device Sales Controller must be prepared to look beyond internal numbers, review the markets and look for opportunities to drive growth of the Devices businesses as well as modelling the impacts of movement to the cloud. Understanding PC market, channel dynamics and value chain key to success in the role.
• Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization – understanding and fostering interactions between the subsidiary and Corporate HQ team’s including market intelligence, as well as within the sales, marketing and business group teams locally.
• Takes a leadership role within the WW CDS Device Sales community.
• Helps institute balanced decision making, driving the business to identify both risk and opportunity. Approaches problems with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Challenges the status quo within established processes and recognizes opportunities to fundamentally improve how we operate and acts as an agent of change, using both formal and informal authority to mobilize others.
• Be conscious of all aspects of the business including Sales, Marketing, Operations, and People. Form and advise the leaders of Device Sales, Office Category and Windows Category on these aspects when appropriate.
Drives Finance & Business Excellence
• Fully accountable for driving effective and efficient financial processes (Close, Forecast, Outlooks, and Budget) resulting in timely analysis & insights, accurate business projections, and aggressive but achievable targets.
• Finance lead in P&L management supporting the NA Device Sales business. Areas of focus include rebate management, Market Development Funds, Marketing OPEX, ROI and margin analytics.
• Coordinate with Corp HQ (Finance & Business) on worldwide projects and influence process improvements.
• Drive accountability and learnings by systematically analyzing results, ensuring 100% compliance in how funds are spent. Ensure teams are aware of and follow corporate policies and compliance needs related to P&L activities.
• Excellent communication and storytelling ability to objectively formulate opinions and debate viewpoints with business partners to ensure the best outcome for Microsoft.
• Challenges existing norms or courses of action, facilitating fully informed decision-making. Creates constructive dialogue by confidently asking the right questions and challenging assumptions.
Grows the business profitably
• Assist the leaders of Device Sales and Category Management in coordinating and driving business functions and initiatives, establishing yourself as the trusted financial adviser.
• Analyze trends & carry out investigations to assist management decision-making and improve understanding of issues such as competitive information, return on investments and resource alignment.
• Lead and advise the sales team to prioritize and pursue growth opportunities that align with the Corporate and local strategic objectives.
• Effectively manage the P&L by challenging the team for both top line and bottom-line growth, while educating and driving accountability across the business ensure we meet or exceed our Margin commitments
• Assess the performance of channel incentives, marketing, and resources spend to continuously improve ROI.
• Continuous attention to data analytical skill sets e.g., Machine Learning, Power Query.
• Represent Microsoft externally by showcasing the value of Microsoft technologies to our customers and partners.
• 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in in complex multinational environment, experience in retail or consumer business highly desirable
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance; Professional designation as a CPA or equivalent an asset
• Excellent analytical skills – comfortable dealing with complexity, combined with an ability to present the total story with all applicable data points and context
• Proven strengthen in process design and management including simplifying, standardizing and scaling robust solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in complex environments. Ability to manage multiple and competing tasks / priorities.
• Excellent communication skills and story-telling ability, comfortable operating at executive level.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.