Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Do you like solving tough technical problems through collaboration, strong design thinking, and excellent visual design skills? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Microsoft 365 Admin Design Studio is a team of multidisciplinary designers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We’re at the forefront of making the next generation of management software for businesses across the world – and we are hiring!
Our studios are large, modern, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. No cubicles here. Interaction, motion, and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Microsoft 365, the future of how Microsoft will empower businesses across the world. Every studio partners with top-notch teams of program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who advise on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback. If coding constraints are just another piece of the design puzzle for you, and you're excited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
This role is in the Microsoft 365 Admin Design Studio (M365 Admin) and responsible for the User Experience of Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD), a service offering that brings together Microsoft 365 Enterprise, device as a service, and cloud-based device management by Microsoft. MMD enables Microsoft’s customers to focus on their business while Microsoft manages their modern desktops. Your work will provide our customers and partner with rich and user friendly monitoring and maintenance tools to keep their environment secure and always up-to-date.
For this role, there is an emphasis on User eXperience Design and some Graphic Design. As a designer for M365 Admin, you'll be responsible for evolving and extending the Microsoft 365 experience for millions of Information Technology admins around the world. All designers in M365 Admin design studios must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
- Ship human-centered experiences in M365 products and services
- Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Work across users experience, visual, interaction, motion, brand, and other designers to ensure your contribution enhances the overall user experience
- Present design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life and incorporates feedback into design efforts
- Implement and/or evolve Microsoft's visual design language (including grid, typography, color and other design-language patterns)
- Effectively communicate with program managers and developers through implementation to realize design vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around all aspects of design and design direction
- Deliver visual assets and/or guidance (information structures and hierarchies; navigation models; animations, wireframes, flows, and other visual prototypes; and redlines) to development counterparts on time and with quality, in accordance with agile methodology
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, deliver design prototypes, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
- Consult with product teams members and partners including marketing, sales, engineering and the leadership team to capture requirements for vision decks, proposal decks, marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics.
- Create visual aspects for vision decks, proposal decks, marketing materials, websites and other media, including infographics
- Put together disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as the icons, photographs and other components necessary for a website design
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Centered Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education or experience
- 5+ years of experience in relevant design discipline for Enterprise Software experiences
- Work samples emphasizing UX and graphic design skills (portfolio review may be required)
- Ability to design solutions in traditional design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design or similar fields is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations for varied audiences
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts
- Ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture
- Experience creating, managing, or contributing to UI pattern libraries and UX guidelines
- Knowledge of natural user interface (NUI) paradigms is a plus
- Knowledge of the Corporate Device Management industry
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.