Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Strategy and Development Manager
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Corporate Strategy & Development
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
The Microsoft Corporate Strategy & Development team operates like an internal consultancy and advises Microsoft’s senior executives on a range of topics, including corporate growth strategy, business unit strategy, competitive strategy, M&A, and insights into future technology trends. This is a unique opportunity for top performers seeking a high-impact, high-visibility position and the ability to influence the future course of Microsoft, often working directly with the CEO, CFO, and Senior Leadership Team.
This Corporate Strategy and Development Analyst role resembles that of a Senior Analyst, Senior Associate, or Consultant at a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Work with senior strategy executives to address the most pressing questions facing Microsoft and Microsoft’s units including, Office, Cloud, Business Applications, Modern Work, Artificial Intelligence etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of Microsoft businesses in order to propose and analyze strategic decisions impacting multiple divisions.
- Create frameworks to tackle complex problems; drive diagnostic rigor in making decisions; analyze research and data to develop actionable solutions.
- Independently drive quantitative analysis to support the actionable decision making on large strategic questions.
- Lead key modules of strategy projects and orchestrate work streams across the Corporate Strategy team. Act as a thought leader on Microsoft’s strategy.
- Understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development
- 12 months minimum experience in a Consulting, Analyst, Corporate Strategy, Program Management, or Project Management role
- 2+ years of experience, including several years at a top-tier investment bank/PE/VC, management consulting (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, tech boutiques etc.), in-house corporate strategy team, or other relevant work experience.
- Excellent research, problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent PowerPoint and Excel capabilities, with impeccable analytical and business judgment.
- Ability to lead conversations at the most senior levels and independently drive high profile initiatives (be both a thought partner for executives and detail/process oriented).
- Passion for and experience in the technology industry.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from top-tier institution; Experience with financial modeling, M&A, valuations, DCF a plus.
- MBA not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.