Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Developer 2
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Content Publishing
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Content Developer 2
The Developer relations team mission is to win the hearts and minds of developers, architects, and administrators across the globe. We create global online education for Microsoft, like docs.microsoft.com, Channel 9, and Microsoft Learn. We believe that great online content is the foundation for everything we do to make it easy for customers to learn how to use our technology to solve their business challenges.
Who: You’re a technical person who is passionate about writing and creating engaging content to help people learn. You’re able to translate technical details into clear, everyday language so it’s easily understood. You ask questions and act as the customer advocate: thinking about what the customer needs to know as a new user, and what they'll need as they become more advanced. You’re able to come up with a cohesive strategy and see the big picture. You’re a lifelong learner who understands that there’s always room to improve. You’re collaborative, able to accept and incorporate feedback, and you always keep the end goal in mind -- to produce what’s best for the customer.
Where: We’re open to both local and remote candidates.
- You’ll use your expertise to build Microsoft Learn content focused on Azure services, features, and tasks.
- You’ll help to design and develop interactive experiences to help our customers practice what they are learning.
- You’ll work with other teams such as engineering, documentation, and marketing to design and build compelling training content that meets our customers' needs and goals.
- You’ll use satisfaction and usage data to update, extend, and support existing published content.
- You’ll explore and learn about new cloud-based technologies and help to teach our customers best practices on how to implement and use them in their solutions.
- Two years in a technical writing role.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proven project management, organization, and planning skills, including a track record of delivering great results under tight deadlines.
- Experience creating visuals and diagrams that facilitate understanding through graphics.
- Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
- Experience working with and managing vendors, delivery schedules, and budgets.
- At least three years of technical writing experience building professional customer-facing training or documentation.
- Experience with Azure or other cloud environments.
- Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language.
- Experience writing about cloud-based and hybrid solutions.
- A degree in areas related to communication, training, or information architecture preferred but not required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.