Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camera HW Architect
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Mechanical Engineering
- Employment type
- Role type
- People Manager
The Surface camera team is recruiting for a camera hardware architect to lead the development of high performance camera subsystems. The selected candidate will lead a team in the design, development and delivery of camera modules that meet system and performance requirements utilizing state of the art packaging and actuator technologies. Applicants should have knowledge of RGB, IR, 3D and multi sensor camera systems and leadership skills to work with product teams to develop innovative camera solutions meeting ID and ME constraints as well as EMI, thermal and reliability requirements.
The position requires expert knowledge of CMOS camera development including: advanced packaging technologies (flip chip, RFPC, ceramics, ACF,etc.); knowledge of camera actuators (AF, OIS); packaging and technologies); and DfM rules for camera module assembly. Also required is the ability to coordinate across multi-functional teams and manage multiple concurrent camera programs. The position will also be responsible for the development and presentation of multi-year camera technology roadmaps that meet customer experience and business needs.
• Demonstrated experience leading the development of miniature camera subsystems in high volume consumer electronics products.
• Knowledge of advanced camera component technologies (flip chip, ceramic packaging, ACR, SMA actuators, etc.) and architectures (RGB, IR, 3D, multi-sensor, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of miniature CMOS camera systems.
• Knowledge of statistical process control methodology and application in assessing design margin and production quality.
• Experience working with off-shore manufacturers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced product development environment.
• Willing to travel internationally up to 15%.
A MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Optical Sciences, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related degree with 10+ years relevant experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.