Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BWI - Fuel Farm Mechanic
at Menzies Aviation plc
**Position is located at Baltimore Washington International Airport**
**AT THIS TIME, ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED**
Must be available to work any shift assigned to include weekends and holidays but more specific the following shifts:
1. 3:00PM - 11:00PM with Friday and Saturday off
2. 10:00PM - 06:00AM with Sunday and Monday off
Primary Accountabilities and Duties:
- Investigate and adjust customer complaints and concerns regarding fuel systems maintenance
- Diagnose problems using test equipment, statistical, equipment history, manufactures specifications, industry related standards and blueprints
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain related components such as: pumps, valves, vessels, hydrant pits, gauges, switches, motors, lights, heaters, meters, hoses, hydrant vehicles, etc.
- Follow company and departmental safety policies and procedures
- Maintain records relating to maintenance
- Support Quality Control Technicians and Fuel Farm Operators
- Able to meet the stations attendance standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of all aspects of equipment used in the operation
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in hydraulics, industrial electricity and pneumatics; or 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of all education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints and hydraulic, etc.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations. Maintain maintenance objectives to maximize reliability and minimize costs.
- Possess, maintain a valid driver’s license and other FAA Airport required identification/seals or authorizations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Strenuous physical exertion is required to perform certain tasks such as top-gauging and sampling storage tanks. Tanks are gauged by climbing stairways to the top of the tanks (approximately 75 stairs) which are 40 feet high and up to 140 feet diameter. The individual must also be able to open and close large value on 16" product receiving and delivery pipelines quickly. Opening and closing these values involves twisting and pulling motion and sometimes considerable physical exertion.
- Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. May also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- continuously lift and carry luggage and cargo weighing up to 70 lbs. (32 Kg)
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.