Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McKinstry Co.
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Commissioning Technician to join our amazing team as a member of our growing Technical Services division.
You're great at:
- Confirms system(s) operating conditions per the owner’s project requirements and basis of design.
- Understands, maintains, tracks, and operates test equipment with due responsibility.
- Record accurate, complete and legible data onto appropriate media.
- Recognize when field reports or observation logs are needed.
- Write, deliver and follow up with accurately written reports and/or observation logs.
- Work with commissioning manager to schedule required equipment calibrations.
- Assist the commissioning engineer in establishing project-specific commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules.
- Coordinate and perform assigned work by prioritizing tasks and responsibilities sensitive to project schedules, budget, and McKinstry’s expectations.
- Communicate observations, questions, and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Assist the Commissioning Engineer in verifying system installation and functional performance are per McKinstry standards and contract documents.
- Document installation verification, functional performance, and observation log in standard format.
- Review as-built documentation for accuracy and completeness.
What we would like to see from you:
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, and control systems required.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting construction documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Formal HVAC training/education preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Physical ability to walk job sites in uneven terrain.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.