Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Application Engineer - Denmark
at Local Motors, Inc.
Local Motors is a ground mobility company focused on shaping the future for the better. Founded in 2007 with a belief in open collaboration and co-creation, Local Motors began low volume vehicle manufacturing of open-source designs using multiple micro-factories.
The role of the Application Engineer is to support current and future vehicle deployments as a member of both the vehicle development team as well as the sales team in efforts ranging from vehicle design to problem identification, analysis, and resolution. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to research, diagnose issues, and implement new techniques and technologies in one or more of the following areas: chassis systems, body and closures, hvac and electrical systems. This includes working with customers, sales teams, engineering and test departments within the Local Motors organization. The candidate will utilize engineering best practices for problem identification, investigation, analysis, implementation, and evaluation within the engineering change management framework.
Stellar verbal and written communication skills are a must. Follow-up communications and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
You will be expected to manage your time across multiple projects and provide updates to the manager of sales as well as the Chief Engineer of international Programs.
This position is a direct report to the Manager of Sales with a dotted line responsibility to Engineering.
The position is located in the European Community and extensive travel will be required. The ability to communicate in multiple languages will be significant benefit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role must technically contribute to the deployment of vehicles across diverse customer and geographical areas. selection, troubleshooting, and optimization activities of one or more of the following: chassis systems, body and closures, and automotive electrical systems for current and future vehicles.
- Work closely with current and future customers to support sales activities and ensure optimal vehicle operation to meet customer expectations.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Perform data analysis and establish proper corrective actions as required.
- Track and report project status to the Sales manager as well as the engineering manager and broader team. This includes documenting technical work and application issues.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, searching for solutions quickly and effectively to ensure success.
- Employ best practices and tools for project execution within the allotted time.
- Cooperate and coordinate development tasks with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by the Sales Manager and/or engineering manager.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- 5 - 7 years minimum related experience in industry – automotive preferred.
- Experience in the following areas is required: chassis systems, body and closures, automotive electrical systems (HV and LV) and HVAC systems is expected.
- International experience and familiarity of cultural expectations required.
- Experience interpreting and reviewing formal mechanical and/or electrical specifications is a plus.
- Experience with Engineering Change Management is a strong plus.
- Experience with design for functional safety desired.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Experience with full product lifecycles; from design to production to service.
- Familiarity with inspection tools and methodologies.
- Background in a sales environment is a plus.
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with the MS Office suite, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.