Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Position Type
This position is responsible for production planning and timely procurement of a broad range of materials and parts (domestic and foreign) necessary to support Company requirements for sustaining production in an efficient and cost effective manner, while maintaining quality standards at all times.
- Maintenance of product inventory throughout the product life cycle
- Maintain moderate levels of expertise in the planning/purchasing fields and act as a consultant to work teams and the Operations department
- Implement contingency plans with Production Planning and Manufacturing when inventory availability commitments are at risk and initiate work-around activity
- Prepare request for quotation, analyze supplier response, negotiate pricing and confirm purchase within budgetary limitations and scope of authority in conjunction with supervisor
- Maintain inventory assurance programs to ensure product available while maintaining Company defined inventory turn rates
- Maintain established line fill rates and targets inventory levels for part numbers assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year related experience in purchasing or related MRP activity
Skills & Abilities
- Oracle knowledge preferred
- MS Excel/Word knowledge preferred
- AS400 knowledge preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) needed to work with various contacts within and outside the organization
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.