Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Technical Program Manager (Live Services)
Job Reference #: 759677
Posted Date9 months ago(1/31/2019 8:54 AM)
- Job ID
- Amazon.com Services, Inc.
- Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)
- United States
Continuing to innovate and delight our customers is our passion. We are expanding the senior technical leadership to ensure our strategy and organization maximizes the historic opportunity we have to deliver on the future of video entertainment. Prime Video has been offering Live content to our customers since end of 2015. Prime Video has a long term vision and an aggressive roadmap to make more live content available for our customers globally. We are building out our next generation Live Events capabilities that can scale to support a wide range of sports, tens of thousands of events globally. This involves new systems to be built, existing systems to be enhanced and a lot of complex integration to be accomplished across 100+ teams in Amazon Video across 5+ development locations.
We are looking to hire a Principal Technical Program Manager who can work across Prime Video organization and partner teams, to ensure a successful integration and ensure a high degree of quality assurance across the integration points. This leader will define and implement mechanisms to ensure that the end-end system works as per the original design, meets requirements and the various QA teams have tested the end-end system to ensure high quality deliverable to our customers. This leader will have to work across multiple teams across Prime Video in multiple locations.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management and organizational skill, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment, high creativity and great analytical reasoning. The candidate should be motivated to ensure high quality delivery and must be capable of coordinating across a large number of teams. This person will be owning initiatives that have a hard delivery date that cannot be moved. The candidate should have extensive experience in defining projects and programs, driving requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, and communicating the overall plan and status to the broad organization and leadership. This role will be based in Seattle.
Key Strategic Objectives
World’s Best Live Experience – we intend to have the world’s best live/sports experience on the largest selection of devices in every locale where we operate. We are currently live in around 200+ countries. To achieve our objectives, we will need to build out the platform to manage sports data, deals, policies, and build systems to seamlessly integrate with several Amazon Video systems.
High Quality Implementation – while we build a lot of new functionality and integrate several systems, ensure that the end-end system is built with high quality and ensure that the right mechanisms and quality processes are in place.
Focus and Deliverables for first 12 Months
While we work to build out the platform for the long term, we also need to incrementally deliver platform capabilities that will unlock Amazon’s ability to quickly launch new content to customers. We expect the TPM also to significantly contribute towards the definition of the projects, schedule and the delivery of the key features.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience delivering high quality customer-facing experiences
- Ability to build relationships, and influence other teams to meet goals
- A strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
- Thrive working in diverse teams
- Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age