Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RF Antenna Engineer
The only way to deliver a single, global, mobile network is with satellite communications – and Kymeta Corporation is making it a reality. Kymeta delivers unique products and services, leveraging our extensive metamaterials IP portfolio, to unlock the untapped potential of satellite spectrum. Kymeta’s mission is to be the singular authoritative voice for seamless services across satellite and satellite-cellular connectivity.
Join our team in developing exciting new technology which will change communication all over the world. Come work alongside brilliant colleagues who share a commitment to each other’s success and know how to have fun!
Kymeta’s products use metamaterial technology to provide next generation satellite communications services using flat, thinner, lighter and less expensive solutions compared to traditional satellite antenna technologies. As a member of Kymeta’s research and antenna design team, successful candidate will apply skills and experience in development of state of the art electronically scanned antennas. The candidate will accept ownership of assigned projects and apply initiative in developing solutions from conception thru hardware qualification. The candidate will champion ideas in a multifunctional work environment, participate in development of design verification prototypes and collaborate with software, system and mechanical engineers. We are seeking creative, flexible individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Research and development of beam steering antennas concepts
- Analytical and fullwave analysis of waveguide and antenna components
- Prototype and hardware development in collaboration with mechanical and process engineers for small scale proof of concept and full-scale antenna products
- Collaborate with test engineers to conduct comprehensive farfield and nearfield measurements
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with design and hardware implementation of array antennas and passive microwave devices in Ku to Ka band. Experience with electronically scanned antenna is a significant plus.
- Experienced in using ANSYS HFSS for fullwave analysis
- Experienced in scientific and numerical programming languages such as Python and Matlab
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers in a cross-functional team
- Master in Electrical Engineering with >3y experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Optics or Applied Mathematics
As part of our hiring process we request that all applicants complete the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment by clicking on this link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/XMx1a. The assessment will take ~5-10 minutes.
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.