Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Engineer
at KEYW Corporation
- # of Openings
- Posted Date
- Information Technology
- Job Locations
Our Principal Software Engineers are the best and brightest in the industry. Their passion for the mission and ensuring customer success is second to none. A day in the life of our engineers includes working closely with the Scrum Master assigned to the project, coordinating and prioritizing development activities with their team which may include Java engineers, UI/UX designers and engineers, automation engineers to quickly deliver new and innovative solutions. Our Principal engineers fully understand the technical stack, they functionally design and code with the team, and have the technical depth/breadth to work alongside all engineers of the team. Principal engineers work diligently to fully comprehend product owner requirements and facilitate the definition of success criteria for all worked performed by their teams. Principal’s engineers also work closely with other principal engineers to share new and innovative ideas and principals across the teams, allowing a cohesive design and delivery pipeline.
Being in a lead role provides you the opportunity to mentor and shape the future direction of the team, and we encourage all our principal engineers to build the next generation of successful leaders by mentoring them on all aspects of the software delivery pipeline.
If your passion is to lead challenging and rewarding technical solutions for a mission driven customer, then seriously consider this opportunity. Our management and leadership team focuses on enablement of our engineers; we encourage team cohesion and independence with principal software engineers afforded significant latitude to deliver solutions for our organization.
- Design, develop, enhance, debug and implement software as part of several key initiatives in support of the FBI.
- Address problems related to systems integration and compatibility with multiple platforms, providing technical leadership and supervision of others during the project.
- Design and develop Java software applications, yep you will need to roll up your sleeves as well.
- Work independently on tasks and initiatives if requested.
- Work on complex tasks requiring extensive problem solving abilities
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment. Be well versed in full lifecycle development with a strong understanding of UI/UX front end development leveraging tools such as AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of ORM tools and persistence of large transactional data.
- Possess the ability to understand a large monolithic program, and assist with it continuous evolution to a microservices design pattern
- Possess full understanding of how to deploy products into a production environment in support of DevOps culture.
- Understand multilevel network environments and activities required to pass data between them.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of full life cycle and agile software development.
- Working knowledge of jQuery, Hibernate, Eclipse
- Experience in an Agile Development Environment.
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical teams.
- Previous experience leading Agile Development teams of various skillsets and backgrounds to include, developers, DBA's, Business Analysts, etc. to ensure team success.
- Have successfully lead a team of 5 to 7 members from story creation to deployment
- Understand Cloud computing environments and the complexities involved with developing systems that operate in them.
Additional preferred skills/experience:
- Ansible scripting
- Linux shell scripting
- Python scripting
- Android mobile programming
- Advanced Spring, Spring MVC, Spring ORM, etc.
Qualified candidates must possess a Top Secret clearance.
Degree: A bachelor ’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline.
How to Apply?
Please click apply on the right.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret clearance
KeyW EEO Statement
About the Organization
KeyW is a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With approximately $12 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 50,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.