Kent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, Middle School Math - Leave Replacement 1.0 FTE - MJ1910
at Kent School District
Meridian Middle School is a culturally diverse school of 700 students located on the east hill of Kent, WA, 18 miles southeast of Seattle. In addition to the general curriculum we offer a variety of elective and special education programs. Our school has a technologically literate staff with a major focus on technology integration. Meridian is a One-to-One school with each student and teacher issued a district laptop. We maintain high academic standards, enjoy excellent parent support and offer a number of extra-curricular activities including athletics and clubs. Meridian is a great place to teach and learn!
- Appropriate Washington State certification and endorsements required and must be on file prior to beginning work
- Major or minor in mathematics
- ELL endorsement
- Able to work cooperatively with a team of teachers
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents and colleagues
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of differing student learning styles and cooperative learning and teaching students of varying abilities
- Excellent management skills
- Willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Excellent technology skills and can use and incorporate computers/technology into curriculum
- Strong background in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Experience working with middle school students
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- The willingness or qualifications of an applicant to coach or supervise activities and/or sports in addition to his/her teaching responsibilities will be considered.
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
Job Contact Information
Monday, December 2, 2019 12:00 AM -
Friday, December 20, 2019 4:30 PM
(Pacific Standard Time)