Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Project Manager
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Senior Project Manager in the Washington, DC area. The Senior Project Manager will provide construction project oversite using knowledge of general engineering and construction principles and practices to interpret, organize, coordinate, communicate and execute assignments.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
- Develop Project Management Plans (PMP) for assigned projects
- Provide construction management oversight during all phases of the project
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Prepare and update cost estimates
- Prepare and maintain project budgets
- Coordinate and assist Section Heads, Office Managers, and Practice Leaders with marketing proposals
Must include salary requirement/range for employment consideration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture
10 years of previous construction management experience of buildings and facilities
- Experience in business development, client relations and construction management of large government projects is preferred
Work is performed in both an office and field (construction) environment. Office to field time is approximately 25% to 75% respectively. Field work requires climbing, walking and standing at a construction site and may be outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required.
- Analytical thinking/Problem Solving
- Change Agent
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Job Proficiency
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.