Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Facilities Project Manager who will be responsible for providing construction project oversite using knowledge of general engineering and construction principles.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Develop Project Management Plans (PMP) for assigned projects
- Facilitate and coordinate communications between project team members, and owner
- Interface with the client and project stakeholders
- Provide construction management oversight during all phases of the project delivery
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Prepare and update cost estimates; budget forecasts and change order requests
- Prepare and maintain project budgets
- Develop and implement project specific quality assurance (QA) programs
- Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, architectural or a related field from an accredited engineering, construction management or architectural program
- 5+ years’ experience managing construction projects
- Experience working with city, county state or federal governmental agencies
- Experience managing multidiscipline project teams
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- CCM or PMP certificate preferred
- LEED AP preferred
- OSHA Certifications preferred
Work is performed in both an office and field (construction) environment. Office to field time is approximately 25% to 75% respectively. Field work requires climbing, walking and standing at a construction site and may be outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required.
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Results Oriented
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.