Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Systems Analyst
at Intercity Transit
- Finance & Administrative
- FLSA Status
- # of Openings
- Job Closing Date
- This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for the first round, submit your application by 5:00pm on Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Min $$
- USD $66,179.00/Yr.
- Max $$
- USD $89,338.00/Yr.
If you have:
- Strength in leadership, ethics, planning, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and cultural competency.
- A proven track record of providing exceptional customer service in every interaction.
- Demonstrated the importance of fostering a participatory organizational climate that is open, positive, and supportive.
- The ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Passion for technology, innovation, and network management and manipulation.
Then this position is for you!
We are looking for a growth-oriented and innovative Network Systems Analyst to join our Information Systems Division. This position is full-time and you will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing, supporting and troubleshooting network systems infrastructure, as well as be responsible for supporting all aspects of the IP video surveillance system across the enterprise.
It is an exciting time to join IT!
Last November, the community overwhelming approved a ballot measure that will provide 40% more funding and will allow Intercity Transit to expand public transportation within the community. We are adding staff and investing in technology that will support more robust transit services, including bus rapid transit and innovative demand response programs. IT is nationally recognized and provides fixed route transit, ADA paratransit, and vanpool services to the communities of Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia, and Yelm. We invite you to join us in our mission to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.
As a Network Systems Analyst, you will:
- Be responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintaining agency network infrastructure. This includes Cisco switches, routers and firewalls, and other enterprise networking infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain IP video surveillance (camera) system across the enterprise. This includes mounting of equipment and cabling of equipment.
- Design and deploy effective networks and VPN solutions that align with industry best practices.
Are you the one we are looking for?
- You have an Associate’s Degree or technical certificate in Information Systems or a related field.
- You have 4 years of progressively responsible network administration experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
- You have knowledge in most, or all, of the following: TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP and Cisco routing protocols.
- You have experience in at least one of the following: Windows Server Administration, networking, or VMware; familiarity with the others. Industry recognized certification(s) preferred.
- You have experience implementing system monitoring
- You are knowledgeable on backup and recovery techniques and system maintenance.
- You have the ability to respond to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis.
- You are willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
What is in it for you?
- Work with an exceptional team in an agency of great people and an unmatched culture.
- Receive a competitive salary, $66,179 – $89,338 annually.
- An excellent benefits package to include health and dental insurance, various retirement benefit options in addition to Washington State PERS, and a generous paid leave package.
Ready to jump on board?
We look forward to your application! Please submit a letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/volunteer/military/school history at www.intercitytransit.com. We will not consider incomplete applications.
Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so an accurate and active email address is essential.
This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for the first round of interviews, submit your application by 5:00pm on Friday, October 25, 2019.
Intercity Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We also take pride in being a drug free workplace. Note that Intercity Transit is subject to requirements of the Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act and CFR Part 40 & Part 655, which prohibit the use of marijuana at any time while employed by Intercity Transit.