Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior PCB Design Engineer
at Impinj Inc.
Today’s Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications rely on item-level data enabled by RAIN RFID technology. Impinj, the world’s #1 provider of RAIN RFID products and solutions, is looking for an experienced PCB/CAD Design Engineer for our RFID reader, gateway, and module products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of all aspects of PCB design for reader and gateway products at Impinj: board stack up, footprint development, component placement, impedance calculations, trace routing, design review, DFX evaluation, and generation of fab/assembly release packages.
- Work closely with RF/analog and mechanical engineers to achieve product design requirements and specifications with PCB design / layout.
- Administrator for CAD systems: component, footprint, and design libraries
- Review DFM reports and supply feedback to manufacturing partners
- Stay compliant with industry standards and technologies.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in an engineering discipline
- 7+ years of direct related industry experience.
- Demonstrated work history of RF/analog/digital PCB designs in volume production.
- Proficient in Cadence Allegro PCB Editor and Altium Designer.
- Experience with RF/Analog PCB design layout techniques.
- Experience with impedance control and transmission line construction
- Understanding of PCB material characteristics and constraints, PCB fabrication and board assembly process.
- Experience with component library and design data/repository management
- Experience with PLM systems (e.g. Arena)