IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- IMI Precision Engineering
We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers' equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 50 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico, Brazil and India. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing. We employ a dedicated team of field engineers, sector specialists and key account managers – all committed to providing excellent service to our customers.
We are looking for an Engineering leader who is passionate, technically sound and adept at building others to join our team! This is a key leadership that holds responsibility in both the tactical and strategic realms and reports directly to VP/GM of Commercial Vehicles and is based in Auburn Washington.
Plans, organizes and directs engineering personnel involved in research, design and development to meet company and customer objectives for new product development. Responsible for managing North American Commercial Vehicle engineering team to create value for internal and external customers. The position is a member of the Norgren GT Development Management Team.
- Empowers the Engineering staff to openly look at all possibilities and recognize their role in ensuring achievement of the Commercial Vehicle Sector’s goal for innovative product leadership.
- Manages resources and the appropriate use of personnel, equipment and facilities to ensure work procedures and timely results. Establish, monitor, and control costs, budget, and schedules.
- Actively build and nurture customer relationships with key constituents essential to the success of the organization: Engineering, Program Management, Product Planning, Marketing, etc. Frequent visitation to customer sites to gain perspective and identify opportunity is expected.
- Maintain with rigor standard operating procedures including, but not limited to, new product development and APQP.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reporting. Supervises data, analysis and documentation systems.
- Establish quality, functional and personal objectives in conformance with IMI-Precision Engineering and group objectives.
- Plan, assign, and direct the activities of engineers, project managers, technicians, drafters, and support personnel within the department.
- Provide guidance by consulting with subordinate managers and staff engineers regarding engineering concepts, feasibility, and procedures.
- Works with manufacturing, supply chain and quality management to review and monitor quality and process improvements to mitigate risk associated with product liability aspects and legal ramifications.
- Work closely with the Key Account Management and Business Development team to develop strategies for new products to achieve the overall company business objectives.
- Foster an environment among the engineering staff where an open and global exchange of ideas facilitates a commitment to the success of business goals of the Sector.
- Be knowledgeable of customers and their needs. Help position the Norgren as the preferred supplier
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant industry experience including proficiency with APQP/ Product Development Processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineers.
- Working knowledge of FEA, FMEA, industry standards, costing standards and the stage-gate process.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Some demonstrated experience with an ERP System.
Skills and Competencies
- Commercial Vehicle / Automotive experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated to lead & develop technical teams.
- Must have the ability to coach individuals and help them grow professionally and personally and a willingness and ability to mentor individuals throughout the Company.
- Ability to understand the concepts used to design and develop small mechanical devices and mechanisms, and how they interact with other complex sub-systems.
- Ability to assist in solving design and development problems and provide leadership and guidance to various engineering teams.
- Positively communicate with customers internally and externally to address their needs promptly and follow through on commitments.
- Demostrated ability to effectively develop and present information internally & externally.
- Ability to communicate, written and oral, at a high level with subordinates, peers and senior management alike.
- Ability to quickly & effectively respond to questions from sub-ordinates, peers, managers and customers.
The IMI Code of Conduct
All employees are expected to represent the values and maintain the standards contained in The IMI Code of Conduct. The IMI Code of Conduct can be found at http://www.imi-precision.com/responsible-business
We are an EEO Employer.