Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
State Product Manager
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We are seeking a strong leader with insurance product management experience for a Product Management role. The position includes responsibility for managing our homeowners products for one or two of Homesite’s key states. The State Product Manager reports to Regional Product Director.
The State Product Manager is part of the UPAC leadership team and will work with Homesite’s senior leadership on a regular basis to provide updates on performance, and product innovations in his or her state(s). This is a highly visible position that offers an excellent opportunity to interact with a variety of business and process leaders in the organization (Government Affairs, Compliance, IT Leadership, Partner Management, Operations, Claims, etc.) and other areas within the Homesite and the broader American Family community.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Management: The State Product Manager is responsible for homeowners product management and underwriting for one or two key states where Homesite writes business, including:
- Managing rate filings in the states to ensure we are priced to achieve the required return across all products and segments
- Understanding the drivers of profitability and what actions can be taken to improve performance
- Continuously analyzing whether the company is selling the right products, to the right customer segments, at the right price
- Contribute to the development of new products: The State Product Manager make recommendations for product changes and new product development and will work with others on the Product Management team to bring these products to market
- Develop and mentor business oriented actuaries and analysts: Develop managers and individual contributors within UPAC to grow talent and increase productivity.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of ten years of professional experience, including insurance product management and team management
- Educational Credentials: A graduate degree is preferred, though demonstrated success in professional leadership will also be considered
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative analysis
- Powerful Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, and at all levels of an organization
- Team Player: The candidate will need to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!