Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
We are seeking a strong contributor with relevant experience for a Product Management role. The position includes responsibility for reviewing our homeowner’s products for select states. The candidate would report to a Product Manager.
The Product Analyst is part of the Product Management team and will work with the Product Managers on a regular basis to provide updates on state performance, and product improvements. This position offers an excellent opportunity to interact with a variety of departments in the organization (Government Affairs, Compliance, IT Leadership, Partner Management, Operations, Claims, etc.) and the broader American Family community.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
State Management: The Product Analyst is responsible for conducting reviews of rates, rules, underwriting, and product offerings in states where Homesite writes business. These reviews consist of:
Develop rate filings at a state level to ensure Homesite is priced appropriately across all products and segments;
Understand profitability on a state basis, and what actions can be taken to improve performance;
Contribute to analysis, at a state level, whether the company is selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right price;
Contribute to the development of new products: The Product Analyst may participate in the analysis and implementation of new products ; Functional Expertise: Gain knowledge in insurance content matters that cut across Homeowners products.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 1 year of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance;
- Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree and/or CPCU designation is preferred, but not required;
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who is willing to learn to identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan;
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to learn to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses;
- Analytical Rigor : Analyze state performance and identify additional areas of research;
- Powerful Communication : The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media;
- Team Player : The candidate will need to work well as part of a team;
- Software Experience: Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Microstrategy, and/or other programming/data query/reporting knowledge, in addition, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with and influence both team members and management.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!