Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Homesite Insurance is looking to hire a Cloud DevOps Engineer who has rich experience in cloud technologies in varied environments. Our Cloud DevOps Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous integration and delivery processes. Responsibilities include maintaining and enhancing internal tooling to enhance our CI/CD pipeline and full system lifecycle. This position requires a high focus on automation, building repeatable solutions working within and between development and operation teams to identify and implement process improvements for the benefit of customer-facing services.
If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, you may have found a great home with Homesite. The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner with a love of infrastructure and automation who enjoys collaborative work on leading edge technologies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- DevOps engineer with the goal of continuous delivery in an AWS cloud based infrastructure
- Operational point of contact for development, operations and testing.
- Evaluate current development and operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency, reliability and repeatability.
- Operational review of cloud architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Configure, deploy, and manage Homesite services and applications.
- Network Security, TCP/IP Networking knowledge and nomenclature, CIDR Notation, Decent Network Debugging Tools and Skills
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Provide best practices, recommendations and guidance for use of the cloud
- Troubleshooting complex systems
- Mysql RDS instance management, AWS DB cloning, Database Exports, common Mysql Language syntax
- 4+ years working in Linux environments, Public Cloud environments (AWS required, others desirable)
- Experience in an infrastructure as code environment, CloudFormation etc. is essential
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with Docker or other containerization tools
- Experience working with container management tools like Kubernetes or AWS ECS/ECR is preferable
- Exposure to Debugging Java information and logs, familiarity with key file formats: JSON, YAML etc
- Strong scripting skills required: Python, Shell, Chef etc
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!