Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cloud DevOps Director
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
The Homesite Commercial Business division is leading the way for innovation in the Insurance industry. We have received numerous industry awards for our cloud based architecture that makes insuring a business as simple as buying a cup of coffee!
With our rapid growth, we are looking for a seasoned Director to grow and lead our DevOps Cloud team.
Nature of Role:
- Manage an excellent team of Cloud Infrastructure / DevOps engineers and own the site-up architecture
- Drive the evaluation and implementation of new versions, fixes, and capabilities of tools and technologies and facilitate their adoption in Products
- Define and articulate standard methodologies and design patterns to improve quality and productivity
- Actively drive technology/framework related projects, new product evaluations, POCs
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and other multi-functional teams in delivering projects that use our platform
- Proficient in one or more: perl, python, ruby, go with experience in object oriented programming
- Linux/unix knowledge and subsystems (process management, kernels, etc)
- Sound knowledge of unix network protocols and tcp/ip network fundamentals
- Experience with core infrastructure technologies (PKI, DNS, NFS, SSH, SNMP)
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Experience in building applications using AWS
- Exposure to a large production environment and related operations is required
- 5+ years experience in leading teams (4+ member)
- Strong interest in open source technologies such as Mesos, Docker etc.,
- Strong collaboration skills
- Real passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in related field
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!