Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Application architect at Homesite is responsible for providing architectural expertise and technology leadership across software applications and system integrations. This includes architecture and design of the applications, defining and driving the solutions to delivery, working with engineering teams and business lines, etc.
- Architecture and design of new applications and systems integration components on AWS Cloud.
- Assess the implications of business decisions on the integration architecture, adjusts as necessary, and communicates with all affected parties.
- Collaborate with Agile teams for successful delivery of the projects.
- Oversee engineering teams, ensure adherence to the architecture standards and design.
- Required to have a hands-on approach to determine and define architecture and solutions.
Qualification and Skill set required-
- Bachelor's degree, or the equivalent, in computer science, information systems, engineering, or in a related field.
- 10+ years of software design and development experience preferably with AWS Cloud, Micro services and/or serverless architecture.
- Ability to incorporate security best practices into scalabe AWS architecture.
- Experience with enterprise application integration is preferable.
- Experience in a variety of relevant technologies including Java, Spring cloud, Mulesoft ESB/ Apache Camel, Docker, NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Continuous development and Integration tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, AWS CodeStar and CodePipeline is preferable.
- Demonstrated understanding of software development principles and methods, significant solution architecture experience with planning, designing, developing, and implementing enterprise level solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling manner; as well as ability to tailor communications for different audiences.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Capable self-starter with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner as an individual and in a team environment
- Excellent collaboration skills, including the ability to influence and build consensus across teams
- Preferred AWS cloud experience on S3, ECS, ECR, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB etc., with a serverless application development approach.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!