Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Holland Residential
- Job ID
- Seattle Corporate Office
- Unit Count
- Regular Full-Time
- Construction - Corporate
Holland Partner Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Construction Team.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the completion of assigned projects according to schedule, budget and within quality standards while maintaining good partner, customer and vendor relationships in accordance with Holland Partner Group’s Core Values.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
- Manage design, construction, and close out on assigned project.
- Review projections, reports of project margin processions, and report significant deviations from the budget.
- Ensure necessary permits are obtained in a timely fashion for the project.
- Prepare proposals and detailed estimates.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage project planning and scheduling.
- Negotiate and draft subcontracts for project manager’s review.
- Prepare change orders for subcontractors and clients.
- Monitor, review and control project costs to ensure project completion on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with established goals.
- Review construction and shop drawings for buildability, conflicts, or other details related to construction.
- Complete and resolve punch list items.
- Manage subcontractors to ensure their work is being performed according to the schedule and set expectations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates on assigned project.
- Work to optimize team effectiveness and help coordinate the project team.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with team and company personnel.
- Monitor, enforce and maintain job safety for the project by supporting and participating in all safety programs, ensuring all crew is using required safety equipment and continually monitoring the job site to ensure safety requirements are met in accordance with Holland safety polices.
- Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all Associates.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field strongly preferred (preference to Engineering degree).
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in the construction industry required, with most of that time spent in project management. Design-Build and jobsite experience is preferred. A Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in a related field may be considered in lieu of some experience. Professional engineering or architectural registration is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilties:
- Thorough knowledge of major aspects in design and construction.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Ability to work productively with customers and vendors in all departments.
- Ability to independently lead project teams and appropriately handle stress.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
- Skilled in supervising and motivating others, sales, and efficiently managing design-build projects.
- Adept at problem solving, communicating, working efficiently, and constructively challenging subordinates.
- Strong organizational skills with a superior analytical aptitude.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be honest, a self-starter, driven, and prepared to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically MS Word and MS Excel. Bluebeam and Procore preferred.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
Working conditions: This position may be assigned to a construction project site that may involve work conditions requiring protective equipment and training that conforms to OSHA and applicable state agency regulations. Office and toilet conditions may be temporary in nature. Site offices may be subject to dust, noise, and temperature variations not typically encountered in a standard office environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- May require individuals to furnish their own vehicle to transport customers, tools and/or supplies to and from the office and assigned project(s).
- Travel and overnight stays.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
The Project Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.