Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer I - Traffic
- HNTB Job Title
- Engineer I
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking an Engineer I - Traffic in our Bellevue, WA office. Our broad client base provides the opportunity to work on multi-modal planning and design projects for State DOT, municipal, transit, railroad, and aviation clients.
Assists assigned department by performing engineering-related tasks including research, development, calculations, design and delivery on assigned project(s).
- Contributes to the preparation or modification of reports, plans and designs for projects.
- Assists in the preparation of project quantity and cost estimates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collects, organizes, and summarizes transportation data including output from travel forecasting models.
- Conducts traffic operations analyses using Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, Sidra, and other software applications.
- Conducts safety analyses using collision data and Highway Safety Manual procedures.
- Assists with preparation of reports, memorandums, and presentations summarizing results of operations and safety analyses.
- Develops design for signing, channelization, traffic signals, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), roadway illumination system, and maintenance of traffic elements of transportation infrastructure projects.
1 year relevant experience
General Work Conditions
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.