Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Regular Full-Time
- Property Name
- St. Gregory
- 2033 M Street, Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20036-5305 US
Opportunity: Lead Engineer
Perform general maintenance functions at a high level to ensure quest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the hotel structure.
Potential Career Path
Engineering Supervisor – Chief Engineer – Area Chief Engineer
- Provide general direction and supervision to maintenance engineers, coordinating work orders and corresponding assignments.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Repair furniture.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and Trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience or equivalent training required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It