Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
President & CEO - The Community Foundation of South Sound
|Posted||August 10, 2019|
|Compensation||Depends upon Skills and Experience|
|Company||Hagel & Company|
|Location||212 Union Ave SE|
Olympia, WA 98501
Located in Olympia, WA, the Community Foundation of South Puget Sound has embarked on a search for a new President and CEO to succeed its long term CEO who plans to retire at the end of September.
The Foundation is a catalyst for charitable giving in Thurston, Lewis and Mason counties.
Community residents have utilized the Foundation to make their charitable gifts more effective since 1969. The Foundation provides maximum flexibility in establishing, managing, and distributing charitable gifts. Through donors’ generosity, the Foundation supports a wide variety of arts, education, health and human services, and environmental projects.
The Foundation holds over 95 separate funds, serves three counties, distributes more than one million dollars in grants and scholarships each year, and assets under management have grown to $25 million. More than $13 million in grants and scholarships have been awarded since the inception of the Community Foundation.
For More Information About The Community Foundation Visit:
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this application, you may be asked to answer position-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this posting are our sole intellectual property.
If selected to continue in the evaluation process you will receive an email regarding next steps. If not selected, you will be notified accordingly.
Thank You Again,
Hagel Executive Search
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
The CEO position offers some of the most meaningful and enjoyable work possible! With the mission "To inspire philanthropic efforts that enrich our communities", The Community Foundation of South Puget Sound is the regional leader for managing charitable gifts from individual donors and businesses. Proceeds from these funds generate grants and scholarships that address the needs of education, the arts and human services today, while preserving resources for tomorrow’s community priorities.
The CEO works with and reports to the Foundation’s fifteen member volunteer Board of Directors. The CEO is responsible for and has authority over day to day operations of the Foundation and works in concert with the board on strategic planning, financial planning and policy development. She/he works with a small but mighty staff of three other professionals who are highly respected in the South Sound community.
For a full profile on the position visit .
- Please see Position Profile at http://www.hagelsearch.com for full description.
- BA or commensurate experience, advanced degree a plus
- Seven or more years of demonstrated, progressive management and leadership success
- Leadership experience with foundations or other nonprofit organizations desirable
- Estate planning and wealth management experience a plus
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Experience working with a nonprofit board of directors
- . Demonstrated experience and commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion require
- . Demonstrated experience and commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion required
- Demonstrated ability to empower, mentor, motivate and engage volunteers, staff and stakeholders
- Excellent benefit package including medical, dental and retirement options