Grow Op Farms
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Analyst Technician
at Grow Op Farms
|Title:||Plant Analyst Technician|
|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
These are full time positions, with a set schedule and affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, life and accident.
Full time schedule consists of 40 hours per week, with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs.
This position is responsible for facilitating the growing and harvesting of cannabis, this includes watering, cloning, planting, pruning & cleaning. The Plant Analyst observes leaf structures and leaf markings while checking for diseases, pests, or anything abnormal. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Waters cannabis daily.
- Plants cannabis weekly.
- Clones cannabis weekly.
- Prunes cannabis weekly.
- Observes plants and medium for anything abnormal.
- Monitors room temperature and humidity levels.
- Sprays pesticides and moves soil across facility.
- Assists in cleaning daily.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Cannabis growing experience helpful but not required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands including using hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, sit, twist, turn, pull/push, reach, climb, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, hear and grasp.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, taste or smell
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time,
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals,
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Non-Weather conditions: exposed to wet or humid conditions, brightly lit conditions, and extreme heat.
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally required to work in high, precarious places, climb ladders, exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.