General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video Teleconference Tech.
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job ID
- Number of Positions
- Job Function
- Security Clearance Level
- Top Secret
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
** TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED**
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Support Technician to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC. In this position, you will support the FBI’s VTC Engineering and Installation Team installing and troubleshooting VTC display and VTC management systems for defined single- and multi-room areas as well as for single and multiple sites.
The VTC Support Technician will install VTC systems, troubleshoot VTC systems and components, and performing other lifecycle support activities in accordance with FBI standards. The VTC Support Technician will also assist VTC engineers with designing conference and other meeting spaces and developing documentation to support lifecycle activities related to such spaces. Requirements to perform the work apply to both unclassified and classified processing environments up to and including the SCI level.
Responsibilities for the VTC Support Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Installing and supporting VTC systems, including familiarity with foundation technologies, networking, server, operating systems, and terminology.
- Interaction with other vendors in a professional manner to support demonstrations, meetings, and other technical venues as requested to meet meeting or venue objectives.
- Provide an understanding of all forms of VTC communication with hard and soft codecs.
- Must be able to coordinate training on equipment for the customer and assist customer with presentation requests.
- Must be able to provide drawings of room layouts and wire diagrams of changes made to systems to update drawings.
- Perform site surveys in support of new VTC system installations.
- Coordinate and perform on-site assessments of existing A/V VTC systems to verify configurations, support documentation, available resources, and environment constraints.
- Deploy systems that comply with established FBI and other industry best practices.
- Install VTC systems and provide support for installing systems as required.
- Troubleshoot VTC systems and provide support for continuous operation of VTC systems as required.
- Review, update, and manage information in standard repositories. Information repositories may include, but are not limited to, property management, standard product lists, and SharePoint lists.
- Must have at least three years’ directly related experience in help desk, network, and/or A/V support.
- Also requires thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support as well as modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software.
- Knowledge of Creston is preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.