General Dynamics Information Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Technical Editor
at General Dynamics Information Technology
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Function
- Technical Operations (TechOps)
- Security Clearance Level
- Full/Part Time
- Full Time
Sr. Technical Editor
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Technical Editor to research, prepare and edit technical documents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, prepares and edits complex publications and management instructions for organization, comprehension accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style
- Reviews, researches, and edits information for preparation of contract deliverables
- Ensures documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, format, and style
- Interfaces with subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication
- Meet with content owners and team leader to identify issues with particular projects
- Understands the capabilities of publishing and document management software.
- Participates in special projects as required
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years and not have left the country for longer than 180 cumulative days.
- Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Experience that demonstrates: a positive, service-oriented attitude, the ability to work constructively, collaboratively, and effectively with colleagues and clients
- Senior Editor with a minimum of 8 years of professional relevant editing experience along with an undergraduate or graduate degree in Journalism or English
- Update Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) in accordance with standards and regulations
- Produce a high quality product on schedule that clearly and effectively communicates standards and regulations
- Must have strong experience with tools such as FrameMaker and HTML to produce finished product in hard copy and web formats
- Extensive experience, knowledge, or skill handling regulatory and policy publications are highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker or other technical publications platform is highly desired
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strive to improve the quality of both output and process
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.