Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Pancreatic Cancer Research
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellows and Associates
Cures Start Here. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch’s five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children’s, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Careers Start Here.
A highly qualified and motivated post-doctoral research fellow is sought to join the laboratory of Dr. Sunil Hingorani (https://research.fhcrc.org/hingorani/en.html) at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA.
Our laboratory investigates molecular and cellular mechanisms of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDA) pathogenesis. The murine models of distinct genetic subtypes of pancreas cancer that we have developed form the basis of our integrated, systematic, and multidisciplinary research program. Our efforts are directed at identifying and overcoming stromal barriers to treatment (including elevated interstitial pressures, activated fibroblasts, and multiple mechanisms of immune suppression); identifying and disrupting molecular drivers of metastasis; and developing immune-based strategies. Our ultimate aim is to reduce our discoveries to practice in the clinic in order to radically transform the approach and prognosis for patients with this devastating disease.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Ph.D. in the field of molecular biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, cancer biology, immunology or genetics
- Experience with standard molecular and cellular biology techniques
- A demonstrated track record of productive research
- Experience with generation and characterization of genetically engineered murine models, advanced imaging techniques, and/or gene targeting is highly desired
- Ability to develop create approaches to experimental design
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team