Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Laboratory Research Sciences
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Parkhurst laboratory in the Basic Sciences Division is recruiting an hourly Lab Aide for 16-18 hours per week. The lab aide will coordinate with lab members and work a consistent weekly schedule (i.e., 2x 8hrs or 3x 6 hours) with some flexibility for shift days/times. Responsibilities include:
- Care and maintenance of fly stocks
- General lab maintenance, including preparation of lab reagents and stock solutions, cleaning, sterilizing labware, and other duties, as assigned.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent with interest in the sciences
- Must be reliable, able to produce consistent high quality results, and able to lift trays weighing 20-30 pounds
- Attention to detail is essential to this position
- Some lab experience and/or college level chemistry courses preferred